Term & Conditions
JOIN THE MOVEMENT – BEAUTYKINDGIVES CONTEST
Contest Rules and Legal Disclaimer
BeautyKindGives, LLC (“BeautyKind) is holding a recurring weekly contest (the “Contest”) beginning June 18th, 2018 whereby four (4) winners per month for a period of at least three (3) months will be selected to have their video selected to be displayed on BeautyKind’s website and social media accounts and shall receive a one-time charitable donation in the amount of one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) to a charitable institution of their selection (the “Contest Prize”).
The Contest is designed to help individuals extend their reach and impact in their local communities and nationally as part of BeautyKind’s mission to spark a movement within beauty that is fueled by kind hearts and beautiful souls.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Contest. By entering into the JoinTheMovement – BeautyKindGives Contest you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.
- Agreement with Rules. By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of BeautyKind as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: For each month beginning June 18, 2018 and ending no earlier than September 17, 2018. Contest entries will be accepted online starting on June 18, 2018.
- Judging Criteria. Contestants’ entries will be judged by a panel of BeautyKind employees who will select a winning entry based on the entry’s message, content, and unique story. No professional video editing is required and Contestants will not be penalized due to the video’s quality unless such is rendered unintelligible or is unable to be displayed.
- Eligibility. Contestants are allowed multiple entries per contest period and may use the same video in multiple periods subject to the limitation that any participant is eligible to win only one Contest per month. Contestants must be over 18 years of age and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States of America or the District of Columbia to enter the Contest.
- No Purchase Necessary. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Contestants are not required to subscribe to any newsletters or associate with BeautyKind in any way. Making a purchase will not increase Contestant’s chances of winning. By entering, Contestants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by the Contest rules and the final decision of BeautyKind judges.
- Participation in Prize Award Ceremony. BeautyKind may request that any Contest winner appear in a video celebrating their winning entry, however such shall be accomplished only with the express consent of the winning Contestant, which consent may be withheld at Contestant’s discretion.
- How to Enter. To enter, contestants must record a video, post their entry video on their own social media account accompanied by the hashtag #beautykindgives and tag BeautyKind’s social account @beautykindgives. All participating contestants must have a public profile to participate. Contestants may either upload their video to Facebook or Instagram. If contestants utilize Facebook or other such social media or media hosting company, include the following: The Campaign hosted by BeautyKind is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
- Video Requirements.
- Format. Entries must be 30 – 60 seconds in length and posted to your social media channels with the hashtag #beautykindgives and tag BeautyKind social account @beautykindgives.
- No Infringement. By entering, Contestant represents and agrees that Contestant’s entry (i) does not violate a third party’s copyright, (ii) does not include false claims, (iii) does not include defamatory statements, (iv) does not violate a third party’s publicity right, and (v) does not invade a third party’s privacy right. If Contestant’s entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, Contestant will be disqualified at the sole discretion of BeautyKind. If the content of Contestant’s entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, Contestant shall, at their sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. Contestant shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless BeautyKind from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which BeautyKind may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Contest Deadlines. Each weekly Contest shall have a respective weekly deadline, however BeautyKind may consider and select from previously submitted entries as it deems appropriate within its discretion.
- Winner Selection and Notification.
- (a) Winner Selection. Winners will be selected from the video entries by a panel of BeautyKind judges in their sole and absolute discretion.
- (b) Notification. BeautyKind shall contact winners by email, social media messaging and/or telephonically to confirm that their video entry has been selected as winner of the respective weekly contest. Contestants are advised to update their entries with any change in their contact information to be eligible to be selected as a weekly Contest winner.
- Winner Disqualification. BeautyKind will take reasonable steps to contact the Contest winner as soon as practicable after selection. BeautyKind shall make at least three (3) attempts over a 48-hour period. If a winner cannot be reached after a 72-hour period, the Contestant forfeits their rights to the Contest Prize. BeautyKind assumes no responsibility for ensuring winner responses. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted within the period discussed above, BeautyKind will use reasonable efforts to select an alternate winning Contestant.
- General Conditions.
- Federal and State Law. Contest and Contestants are subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest and Agreement shall be governed by Texas law without respect to the conflict of laws of other states. By participating, Contestant agrees that Texas Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or related to the Contest and agree that a Dallas County, Texas shall be the venue of any cause of action arising out of or relating to this Contest of Agreement. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses.
- Infringement. Contestants using fraudulent means to participate in the Contest will be disqualified. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND MAY CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. BEAUTYKIND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY CONTESTANT ATTEMPTING TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST.
- Modification and Cancellation. BeautyKind reserves the right to modify the dates and/or terms of the Contest at any time, without prior notice. BeautyKind reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or prematurely conclude a Contest should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond BeautyKind’s control corrupts the administration, security, or proper operation of the Contest.
- Contestant Releases. Acceptance of the Contest Prize by Contestant shall constitute permission to use that Contestant’s name, city, state, likeness, entry video and for promotional and advertising purposes. Contestant’s entry constitutes permission to use winning submissions on BeautyKind and BeautyKind’s affiliates’ websites without further compensation. Furthermore, entry constitutes permission to archive the winning entries on any of BeautyKind’s and BeautyKind’s affiliates websites. Contestants agree that the sole and final judgment as to all matters concerning the Contest, and interpretation of Contest rules are at the sole discretion of BeautyKind, its owners, and staff.
- Release and Hold Harmless. Contestant agrees that BeautyKind, its owners, staff, affiliates, and advertisers shall not be held liable or responsible for, without limitation, any of the following:
- Any claims, damages, losses, injuries, or death including any third-party claims arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, any Contest; including entry and participation in any contest and acceptance of the Contest Prize.
- Entries that do not follow guidelines.
- Entries and responses to winner notifications that are illegible, incomplete, late, lost, or undeliverable.
- Any technical or human error, malfunction or failure resulting in participation in any Contest.
- Limitation of Liability. By participating, entrants agree (a) to abide by and be bound by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the BeautyKind team, which shall be final and binding; and (b) to release BeautyKind and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from all liability in connection with any Prize received in this Contest or from participating in this Contest or any Contest-related activities.
- Contest Prize Releases.
- Charity Selection Criteria. Winning Contestants shall make their selection from any reasonably bona-fide or legitimate charitable organization. BeautyKind reserves the right to reserve payment from any group that may be affiliated with hate speech, or other such undesirable conduct within BeautyKind’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Payment to Charitable Organization. BeautyKind shall make the payment subject to the Contest Prize to the selected charitable organization within forty-five (45) days of the selection of the winning Contestant’s video.
- No Affiliation with any Social Media Companies. BeautyKind is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, associated or affiliated with any social media company and Contestants are required to follow the relevant rules under the relevant guidelines of any social media website’s policies in which the Contestant’s entry may be viewed. Contestants agree to release and waive all claims against Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and any other social media platform on which Contestant’s video appears.
- Acceptance. By submitting your entry, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Contest Rules.